The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an important data privacy law that comes into effect on May 25, 2018.
SotM will be two months after the beginning of GDPR implementation. The Legal/Licensing Working Group has been hard at work to prepare OSM for this new law and hopes to use the opportunity to explain GDPR and its impact on OSM, how OSMF has been responding, answer questions, and assist OSM projects maintainers.
This session will be targeted to helping OSM community projects that use personal data understand GDPR compliance, in particular the mechanisms that OSMF will be putting into place to facilitate compliance.
- GDPR basics
- Why GDPR matters to OSM
- How OSMF is implementing GDPR
- GDPR's impact on community projects
- OSMF's template agreement
- Tips for your project complying with GDPR
- Walkthrough of specific project example