The work done by our community to build the OpenStreetMap dataset is incredible but like any data project, it will never “be done”. Our world is constantly changing and we need tools that help us make the most of what we have. Address interpolation is one of those tools.
In this talk we’ll explore the following questions:
- What is Address Interpolation?
- How does it work in OpenStreetMap?
- I’m a developer! What can I do to help address interpolation?
- I’m an editor! What can I do to make address interpolation better?
- How can I use OpenStreetMap to get to dinner?
This will be a first-hand account of the benefits and lessons learned from building the address interpolation engine for the Pelias Geocoder based heavily on OpenStreetMap data. You’ll walk away with the knowledge of how OpenStreetMap, with address interpolation, can help you find that new cafe before anyone else.